IRCS Blog Central

< Back

Be True to Your School

January 28, 2014
By Perry R. Banse, Assistant Superintendent, Middle/High School Principal

Any Beach Boys fans out there? When I was growing up the AM, push button car radio was always on wherever we traveled. I also had a transistor radio that I carried. It was small, it fit in a pocket, and had an earphone you could plug in if you didn’t want others to know you were listening (I mean if you didn’t want to disturb others). The Beach Boys were huge in the 60’s and 70’s. One of my favorite songs they did was “Be True To Your School”.  School spirit was big at that time and this song was a call to show your pride in your school.

We are currently in the process of re-enrollment for next year of our existing students as well as enrolling new families for the first time. A strong enrollment allows us to have more flexibility and eases our budget stress immensely. Because we don’t get Federal or State tuition subsidies, Christian schools rely on parent paid tuition and fundraising to cover their expenses. Our biggest expense (almost 70% of our budget) is salaries. That leaves around 30% to cover all of the rest of the expenses, one of those being advertising. Why is advertising important? Advertising increases the demand for a product by increasing people’s awareness of its value and benefits.

The best way for IRCS to increase people’s awareness about our school is something we are not capable of doing on our own. It comes by satisfied parents telling other parents. In the education world, word of mouth is the most effective way to increase our enrollment. So often, the satisfied people are happy but too often, don’t say anything. It is usually only the disgruntled people that let their opinions be known.

So here is a challenge to all of you parents, grandparents, or friends of IRCS. It’s a call to action. If you are happy with your child’s education at Indian Rocks, be true to your school and let people know about it. You ask, “What can I do to let people know how much I love and appreciate our school?” I’m glad you asked. Here are some practical ways that you can help us promote our product.

  1. Post an IRCS status update on your Facebook page or Twitter feed.
  2. Tag your children in IRCS photos.
  3. Subscribe to or comment on one of our school blogs and tell your friends about it.
  4. Go to a web based school ratings site and share your experience here.

Please take a minute to visit a few of the following places and post your positive comments!  Thank you!‚Äč

https://plus.google.com/100129432067208160876/about

www.facebook.com/IndianRocksChristianSchool

www.GreatSchools.com

www.PrivateSchoolReview.com

www.education.com/schoolfinder/us/florida/largo/indian-rocks-christian-school/#reviews

www.americaseducationguide.com

We have an awesome school. The accomplishments so far this year are amazing. We have some of the brightest and most talented students in the county. We have a well-qualified faculty that shows genuine love and concern for every student. Our facility is fantastic and continues to improve. We have a great balance of academics, athletics, fine arts, and spiritual depth. We have a missions program for students that is like no other in the country.  Our students are already changing the world. If you agree with this, please take the time to write, post, blog, tag, update, comment, etc. (you get the idea).