NOTE: The information in this post has been updated.
Please refer to UPDATE: IRCS Return To School Plan
Dear IRCS Parents,
I hope your summer has been relaxing and fulfilling! As you can imagine, we have been very busy this summer working on our reopening plan. This plan is based on information available to us at this moment. Our plan could change if the state government or local agencies mandate changes. IRCS will open on August 12, 2020 with a face-to-face and live virtual model from kindergarten through 12th grade. We believe this model offers a safe, friendly and flexible option as we face the obstacles created by COVID-19. Below are the highlights of this model:
- Families choose face-to-face or virtual instruction.
- Both follow the same class/bell schedule, cover the same content, and will be delivered by the same teacher.
- Students in our virtual program are required to login in for each class in order to be counted present.
- All teachers will post lessons into Google Classroom.
- Instruction, discussions, including question and answer sessions will be recorded and posted to Google Classroom.
- Teachers will continue to post lesson plans, grades, and attendance in FACTS (Renweb).
- Parents can choose on-campus face-to-face instruction or virtual live instruction based on the needs of the family.
- Students in grades 6th – 12th will be assigned Chromebooks to use and take home daily, or they can use their own computer.
- Students in kindergarten through 5th grade will have access to a computer at school or can check out a computer to use at home.
- Teachers will take attendance in FACTS (Renweb) daily for both on-campus and virtual students.
Due to COVID-19, IRCS will implement additional sanitation measures to ensure student and staff safety. Protocols include the following:
- MS/HS Longer passing periods (time provided for students to move from one class to another) to allow staff the opportunity to clean desks and student work areas.
- Student temperatures will be taken when they enter the building, and randomly throughout the day.
- Multiple hand-washing reminders throughout the day.
- Social Distancing
- Staff will be required to wear masks when they cannot social distance.
- Students can wear masks if they or their parents request.
- Students and staff will not be allowed to attend school if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with Covid-19.
- IRCS will clean and sanitize the facilities each night.
- Large group meetings will be replaced with smaller sized meetings.
- We are developing plans to reduce the number of MS/HS students in the hallway at the same time.
- Lunchroom tables will be spaced farther apart and have fewer chairs.
Again, this is an outline of our re-opening. We are preparing a detailed document for each family that will be available soon. Families will be asked to let us know if they are choosing the virtual instruction model. I hope you are able to enjoy the last month before school reopens and I look forward to seeing each of you very soon.