The mission of Indian Rocks Christian School is to lead every student to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ while providing the highest quality Christian education in an environment of genuine love and concern for each student and parent.
Indian Rocks Christian Schools adopts the historic Christian view of life as presented in the Bible. Since God created and sustains everything through His Son, Jesus Christ, the world and life are God-centered and should glorify Him. Man, being a sinner by nature and choice, cannot glorify or know God apart from being recreated in God’s image through committing his life to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The total process of education, therefore, must seek a restoration of the pupil to a position of true knowledge, righteousness and holiness in Christ by relating the whole person to God: Spiritually, mentally, socially and physically.
All truth is God’s truth and must be integrated into every area of school life. The school functions as an extension of the home to aid the parents in providing this education. From this philosophy stem certain educational objectives.
For the spiritual and moral growth of the students, the school seeks:
- To lead the pupils into a personal, saving relationship with Christ as Lord and Savior
- To teach the essential doctrines of the Christian faith
- To develop a desire to know and to do the will of God
- To teach the students consistent daily Christian living and service
- To develop a biblical sense of right and wrong
- To foster self-discipline in the student based on respect for and reverence toward God and all authority, and
- To help pupils develop a consistent Christian philosophy of life by integrating all subjects with the Bible.
For the personal and social development of the students, the school strives:
- To develop in pupils a balanced personality based on a proper understanding and acceptance of themselves and others as God made them
- To foster wholesome personal relationships through development of social skills based on the Christian concept of love
- To demonstrate a biblical view of life, work and occupational endeavors
- To develop the proper attitudes, understanding and skills needed to establish God-honoring homes, and
- To promote fitness, maintenance and skillful use of the body as the temple of God, and to impart the biblical attitude toward material things.
Academically, the school endeavors:
- To promote high academic standards, to help each pupil gain a comprehensive command of the fundamental processes used in communicating with others (speaking, listening, writing and reading)
- To encourage the formation of good study habits
- To teach the students how to use the scientific method in research and as a means of problem solving
- To develop creative and critical thinking skills utilizing biblical principles for evaluation
- To foster an appreciation of our Christian and American heritage of freedom and human dignity which leads to good citizenship
- To impart knowledge of the world and current events relative to God’s plan for men.
Working with the homes from which the students come, the school desires:
- To cooperate closely with the parents in every phase of the pupil’s development, and
- To aid families in making their homes God-centered.