Discover a Place Where You Belong
As a parent, you intuitively know the kind of school environment you want for your child. You want a place that prepares them academically for whatever kind of career path they take. You want them to be surrounded by people who keep them safe and encourage the same values that you do at home. And you want them to have friends and experience a real sense of community.
You’re in the right place because you can find all of that — and more — at Indian Rocks Christian School, a private Christian school in Largo, FL. Let’s talk about how you can get started with the application process:
Ready to Join our Community?
Along with its positive and inviting culture, Indian Rocks Christian School offers everything from high academic standards to championship-winning athletic teams. And that makes IRCS one of the most sought-after private Christian schools in Pinellas County, FL. In fact, we have waitlists for almost every grade level, and our acceptance rate is 42%.
So, if you want to apply to Indian Rocks Christian School:
- Schedule a tour today
- Pull together all of the required documents
- Be prepared to submit your application
In order for your application to be considered, please keep in mind that all required documents must be received.
Let’s get to know each other.
Come see our campus and get a sense of how Indian Rocks Christian School could partner with your family.
To schedule a tour, please contact our Admissions Office at (727) 593-8740 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Parent’s Perspective
”When choosing a school for our children, we wanted them to have a well-rounded academic experience. IRCS has been able to give so much more than academics! Strong athletics, leadership opportunities, robust enrichment activities, and a daily gift of a strong biblical worldview, are a few of the blessings this school offers! We have been thoroughly impressed with the teachers and staff that make this happen for our children.”
Please note that our application process and fees have changed. We encourage you to thoroughly read over this information and reach out to our Admissions Office at 727-596-4342 with your questions.
5 Steps to Apply
- Review IRCS Admissions Criteria
Prospective students must:
- Hold a minimum 2.0 GPA (Note: our Admissions Team may require a higher GPA for acceptance)
- Achieve a standardized test score in the 50th percentile or higher (at or above grade level)
- Demonstrate acceptable conduct and good behavior
- Not have been expelled, suspended, or dismissed from another school within the past 365 days
- Schedule a Campus Tour
Prospective students and at least one parent are required to tour our beautiful 52-acre campus. This hour-long tour will give your family the opportunity to step inside a classroom, learn about our extensive opportunities for your student’s growth, have your questions answered by a knowledgeable Admissions Department staff member, and more.
- Complete an Online Application
A $100 nonrefundable application fee is due at the time of application. Applications are not considered complete until all required documents are received. Once your student’s admissions file is complete, you will receive an email from an Admissions Team member confirming that your student’s file is being reviewed. For your convenience, the IRCS Admissions Team will place a records request for these documents from your student’s current school.
- Complete an Assessment
Once the application is reviewed, an Admissions Team member will contact you to schedule an assessment here on our campus.
- Kindergarten students will complete a Kindergarten Readiness Screening with an IRCS Admissions Team staff member
- All other students will complete a MAP grade-level assessment
- Preschool students do not complete an assessment
- Complete an Interview
Following a successful assessment, an Admissions Team member will contact you to schedule an interview. During this brief question and answer session, an Admissions Team member will detail IRCS standards and discuss how our school might be a good fit for your family.
Notification of Admissions Decision
After the interview is complete, our Admissions Team will prayerfully review your student’s completed file, including assessment data, in order to make a final admissions decision. This decision will be made on a rolling basis and will be communicated to you in writing. All decisions will be final and made without further appeal.
Upon acceptance, additional steps to secure your student’s seat will be communicated to you. A $300 Registration fee per accepted student will be required.
Q: When I apply to Indian Rocks Christian School, how long does the process take?
- A: Typically 4-6 weeks depending on the applicant’s ability to provide all required documentation and schedule appointments
Q: Does IRCS take students with 504s and IEPs?
- A: IRCS reviews 504s and IEPs on a case-by-case basis. We require medical documentation to confirm the diagnosis that led to these specialized plans. Please note that IRCS is only able to offer limited accommodations for independent learners. This documentation can be submitted to email@example.com before proceeding with an online application.
Q: How does IRCS work with out-of-state families planning to move to the area?
- A: The applicant will need to travel to IRCS for a tour, admissions assessment, and interview. Our team will work with your family to conveniently schedule these required steps while you are in town. We do accept out-of-state medical records during the application process, however, Florida medical records will be needed before the start of the school year.
Q: What does it mean if my child is on a waitlist?
- A: Students are added to our waitlist once they have completed the entire application process. If or when a seat becomes available, our Admissions Team considers the entire pool of waitlisted students to make a selection, considering the date of the completed application.
Q: What if my child is not offered admission?
- A: While we love our high retention rate, it also means that there are typically only a few open spots available. You are welcome to apply for the next school year, however, all decisions are final and made without further comment from the Admissions Team.
Q: How do I find out my child’s MAP Assessment Scores?
- A: IRCS requires a MAP Screening for all 1st-12th grade applicants. This assessment consists of 20 questions in reading and 20 questions in math through MAP, which is a nationally-normed, adaptive test. Our Admissions Team does not release assessment results to the applicant, family members, or other schools.